Gambling magazine has a long-established reputation for bringing the British public the best in sports betting, poker, casino and more. But all that goes out of the window on May 6 when the magazine releases its hotly anticipated World Cup Special.
Gary Roudette, chief executive of Players Publishing, said: “We’re giving this World Cup Special a massive push, with increased distribution including special displays at WH Smiths and free copies to be handed out to supporters at the FA Cup Final at Wembley. This should mean that we’re read by many thousands more people than ever before. There’s never been a better time to advertise in the magazine, and with just a few pages left to fill interested parties should contact us without delay.”
The nation’s sports bettors are whipping themselves up into a frenzy over the World Cup, with the tournament – not least England’s chances – being the staple diet of pub talk across the land.
Editor Chris Lines said: “I’m hugely excited about this World Cup Special. It’s got all the tips and betting analysis a World Cup punter could possibly want. We see this as a fantastic opportunity to show the British betting public what we do. Assuming any first-time readers like what they see, we expect they’ll come back for more. Especially when they see the front cover shoot we’ve done with gorgeous model Kate Banks she really is a sight for sore eyes.”
With over 40 pages of the World Cup Special dedicated to the world’s greatest sporting occasion, highlights inside the magazine include:
- Alan Hansen, Gordon Banks and Angus ‘Statto’ Loughran giving their World Cup predictions
- An interview with England’s 1966 World Cup hat-trick hero Sir Geoff Hurst
- A group-by-group betting preview of the tournament
- World Cup betting strategy from Peter Webb, the genius behind Bet Angel
- Ed Hawkins on: ‘Why England are dreadful value!’
- Analysis of niche markets including Top African Team and Top Scoring Group
- A stunning photo archive of iconic moments from World Cup history